Are you frustrated about your metabolism being too slow or not as fast as you would like? Well, here are 10 quick and easy tips to help you jumpstart your metabolism!
2. Do a workout as soon as you can after drinking your water! Here is a quick and easy 4- minute workout that will boost your metabolism. For an extra boost to your metabolism, try to do it at your lunch break and before dinner too!
3. Eat a big protein enriched breakfast.
"78 per cent of people who lose weight and keep it off eat breakfast every day", according to the National Weight Control Registry.
Your body needs protein, the power building nutrient, because all night your body has been breaking down your protein. Eating protein at breakfast has shown to support weight loss because it increases your muscle mass. An increase in muscle mass means an increase in your metabolic rate. It is recommended that at least 30g of protein are eaten every morning at breakfast.
4. Drink a glass of tea with your breakfast instead of coffee. Studies show that those who drink green tea burn more fat than those that don't because green tea contains catechins, one in particular, EGCG, which is known to improve the number of calories burned during the day and excellent for your overall health.
5. Laugh with your family and friends in the morning. According to ndtv.com, "Laughter is said to reduce the levels of stress hormone known as cortisol that lowers the metabolism rate and stores fat in the mid-section. Laughter tends to improve your metabolism naturally, which influences your body to burn more calories and lose weight."
6. Eat a piece of chocolate...WHAT?! I can eat chocolate? Did you know "dark chocolate is undoubtedly the yummiest option for good metabolism. Researchers say that if you eat 40g(2.67 tablespoons) of dark chocolate a day it would not only boost your metabolism but also improve your gut flora, thus improving digestion. However, milk chocolate and white chocolate don’t share the same benefits." (Firstpost.com)
Please watch the video of a few of the proven results.
9. Keep a journal. Writing in a journal every day, if possible, reduces your stress levels because you get rid of negative thoughts. According to a 2011 Psychological Science journal, writing down your thoughts and then physically throwing away the paper that you wrote them on can be an effective way of clearing your mind. "So stressed humans show the same kind of adaptations as stressed mice: even if they don’t actually comfort-eat to deal with stress, their metabolisms slow down, their energy expenditure decreases, their hormones get all off-kilter, and their blood sugar regulation goes down the drain. Stress, in other words, is a metabolism-destroying machine" states paleoleap.com.
10. Eat every few hours. Eating every few hours will keep your blood sugar levels stable which will reduce your levels of insulin, a fat storing hormone, and increase glucagon, the fat-burning hormone. In addition, eating every few hours will reduce your appetite at meal times!
I hope you find something that helps you to jumpstart your metabolism! Please let me know if any of these tips helped you personally! I would love to hear the results! For FREE health tips, sign up for my monthly newsletter.